The Kerala government will launch a state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform on November 1, offering film lovers an array of movies, short films and documentaries of their choice. Kerala will become the first state in India to have a state-owned OTT platform. Kerala Minister for Cultural Affairs Saji Cheriyan revealed the name of the OTT platform as CSPACE.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Key points of the initiative:
- CPSACE is an initiative of Kerala State Film Development Corporation (KSFDC) on behalf of the state government.
- The OTT platform will also showcase films with artistic value irrespective of their performance at the box office, along with internationally recognised and award-winning films, best films screened at the annual International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK), and short films and documentaries. The registration of films to be streamed on CSpace will begin on June 1.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.
Find More State In News Here